• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Is there no hope for VCFED PM?

The descent continues... Firefox is reporting an invalid SSL certificate. But, at least the forum is just about totally unresponsive. It really hurts to watch the decline of a once-useful forum.

The SSL certificate was renewed today, but apparently only for vcfed.org, not for www.vcfed.org. It's now using the vcfed.org one for the www sub domain, which of course is not valid.

I'm beginning to wonder, is it the intent of this forum's powers that be, to just let this wonderful thing slowly out to pasture? Perhaps it's just too much to administrate these days what with the Covid and all. :(

glad to know im not the only one experiencing certificate errors.. which i am still getting today i might add.

We have put a lot fo effort into the PM issue. Unfortunately, the solution is much less than obvious. The way that vBulletin works, that information is hidden in the database. Because the database is so large, after all these years, searching for data like that is _extremely_ slow, and it's hard to find what you need.

The lack of support from the official vBulletin team does not help.

- Alex

They are blank when I access them in my Inbox in the message center. Of course, the email notification gives me the first line of the message, which isn't really all that helpful.

If you click on Messages at the top of the screen, then select the message from there, is it still blank? That should pop it up in a chat like window.

Yes, it's still blank.

Well dang, I was hoping that would be a good work around, but I guess not. Back to the drawing board on this one I guess.

It's almost certainly a permissions issue, but that is a bit like saying the needle is definitely in that haystack over there and not the others. We will continue to dig and see what we can find.

I'm also getting PM's that are blank. I even had one yesterday at 4pm where the PM was blank but because I'm setup with email notifications I got the gist of the PM through that and was able to reply, though I don't know if they got anything more than a blank PM back.

I'm also getting PM's that are blank. I even had one yesterday at 4pm where the PM was blank but because I'm setup with email notifications I got the gist of the PM through that and was able to reply, though I don't know if they got anything more than a blank PM back.
I think setting up for your personal email is a good interim measure until they get things figured out, except some, not me, get kind of fritzy handing out their email address.

Well, there's an in-between item--a tab that allows one to send an email to a member without disclosing the recipient's email address. Something similar to what the old VCF software did.

""We have put a lot fo effort into the PM issue. Unfortunately, the solution is much less than obvious. The way that vBulletin works, that information is hidden in the database. Because the database is so large, after all these years, searching for data like that is _extremely_ slow, and it's hard to find what you need.""

What kind of hardware is the server currently running on?

Is it also time to try to upgrade the hardware? SSD Raid arrays are a lot faster....

Back