• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Auto log out headache.

migry

I have a problem, no idea if it's down to my particular setup, that having logged on, clicked on "reply to thread", entered some text, clicked "submit". I find that I am logged out. I am told to refresh and log in again. For the last message, I did that, clicked "reply to thread" and then used the recall auto-saved text, only to find that the last sentences were missing. Luckily I had already saved all the text in the cut buffer.

Can I change anything to stop this happening, or at least to give me more time to type my reply and click "submit"?

My main worry is losing text and then not wanting to enter it again :(

Thanks.

I came here to communicate the same issue. Is there a way to increase the auto log out time? It's simply too short.

You get logged out for posting? How many minutes do you get? What about if you were just looking around? I stay logged in for weeks.

I suppose you could compose your reply in Notepad, and when it's done just hit Reply and copy/paste the whole thing over.

Are you guys browsing from work?

I too can stay logged in for weeks from my home computers and my phone, but will be logged out in minutes if using my work machine through the VPN. It seems like there is some amount of interference by the corporate firewall regarding cookies and sessions.

When you log in, are you selecting the "Stay logged in" button or option? That should fix it.

When you log in, are you selecting the "Stay logged in" button or option? That should fix it.

I see no "stay logged in" option when logging in. The system automagically logs me out after about 10 minutes of inactivity. As the other OP stated this can be a pain when composing a message. I'm logging in from home, not a corporate environment.

I see no "stay logged in" option when logging in. The system automagically logs me out after about 10 minutes of inactivity. As the other OP stated this can be a pain when composing a message. I'm logging in from home, not a corporate environment.

At some resolutions, the "Remember Me" check box is covered by the user name and password boxes. Look carefully, part of the check box may still be visible. Click in the partial box and no more automatic log outs.

The current version of the mobile site makes the "Remember Me" check box clearer so you may want to switch to the Mobile Style at the bottom of the web page; go to the login page; click the check box; and then return to the full site.

I used the "Remember me" check box and now stay logged in. This is odd behavior in my opinion. The "Remember me" check box on all other web sites I've used is for auto logging in after a browser has been closed, opened, then the site revisited (persistent cookie), not for disabling an auto-logoff timer. I never used the "Remember me" check box because I have my browser set to delete all cookies when closed. There should be an account setting instead to turn auto-logoff off.

iinm mistaken FF can be set to remember passwords, even though history, data, cookies are cleared. You may still have to check the "remember me" box, but at least you won't have to reenter your pw. I'm pretty sure that's how it works, or something like that. What do I know.

Back