• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Can you ID this?

Stone

10k Member
Is it a Compaq? If so, which one?

00B0B_2c6k2hgac8g_1200x900.jpg

That looks like the original Compaq Portable. Although the picture is blurry, it looks like it is in good shape externally. Keyboard does not look too yellowed, and off hand it doesn't look like there is any severe screen burn in. No hard card stickers slapped on, so I would assume no hard drive, and only the two standard 360k floppy drives.

If it has not been serviced, the foam pads in the keyboard WILL need to replaced.

That looks like the original Compaq Portable. Although the picture is blurry, it looks like it is in good shape externally. Keyboard does not look too yellowed, and off hand it doesn't look like there is any severe screen burn in. No hard card stickers slapped on, so I would assume no hard drive, and only the two standard 360k floppy drives.

If it has not been serviced, the foam pads in the keyboard WILL need to replaced.

+1 for the compaq portable. I own a working one. Neat machine. It is portable only in the fact it has a handle. Also the keyboard is like 95% likely to not work. there are these nasty foil bottomed foam pads that are crusty and will need to be refurbished.

I agree. It doesn't appear to be a Plus, (I have one 5 feet away from me) because it has no hard drive in the outer bay and it would clearly say Plus on the Compaq badge.

Back