• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

What the floppy?

clh333

Veteran Member
I have a Panasonic SuperDisk SCSI drive, model LKM-F934-1, for which I have no documentation. I want to add it to a SCSI system and I have found jumpers - on a daughter board - that appear to be for that purpose. Referring to the pics below, on the bottom side is marked ID0, ID1, ID2, P and TERM. In the pic of the top side these are the pins at the left of the SCSI connector and they appear in reverse order; i.e. TERM, on the left, is open.

My question has to do with the other pins: I'm guessing P stands for PARITY and that ID0 = lowest-order bit, ID1 = next order, ID3 = next order, so that the highest ID value achievable would be 7 (1+2+4).
But as I've never seen one of these before I thought it might be smart to ask.

Any ideas? Thanks for your replies.

-CH-

Bottomside.jpg Topside.jpg

If you fail with the SCSI interface, just remove the SCSI board and you have an ATA/IDE drive. The board appears to be specific to the LS-120 and not a general IDE-to-SCSI solution, FWIW.

for the record, the adapter board is programmed to ONLY work with ls-120 drives. I've tried. I would have had to change my pants if it had worked with ide hard drives.

Back