• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Any experience with Cybex Switchview KVM? Small Group Buy interest?

ibmapc

Veteran Member
THIS looks like a good price for these, but I don't need 5 of them. If someone can tell me if this is an OK brand, I might buy them and sell the surplus cheap. I only want one of them, so if you're interested, let me know by PM.

Greg

You might want to factor in the cost of quality KVM cables when looking for a good deal. You need good shielding to avoid ghosting, especially if they are over 6ft. NTI makes good cables but they aren't cheap.

That Belkin looks great, until you see the price for SHIPPING!!! I freakin' HATE Ebay sellers that post a low BIN price, then Freakin' gouge you on the shipping! $47.91 from Hanover, Massachusetts to Oregon?? How much do four of these weigh? I might be a buyer if someone wants to buy the other three from me to help pay for that shipping fee!

Greg

P.S.
I found THIS ONE. Seller says not working, but I suspect the're just covering them selves just in case because "Unit Powers up. Status Unknown. No further testing preformed." Lame!

Greg

I've been using an earlier version of one of these (non-SC) for MANY years and it's worked flawlessly. As has been mentioned, good KVM cables (specialty or simply patch) can be expensive and their cost needs to be factored in. The one possible quirk is that two quick hits on the CTL key is a keyboard request to change the selected system ... the ESC key will cancel the select process.

Large boxes are expensive. Fedex ground can save a few bucks over USPS and UPS for such stuff, but your mileage may vary.

In comparison, LTL truck freight can be a bargain, if you do it right.

Large boxes are expensive. Fedex ground can save a few bucks over USPS and UPS for such stuff, but your mileage may vary.

In comparison, LTL truck freight can be a bargain, if you do it right.

I disagree!

Have a look at the following thumbnails, sorry they aren't bigger. Click on them and zoom in. USPS Large flat rate box should hold four of them. $18.90

Capture.PNG

Capture2.jpg

Attachments

• Capture1.jpg
    Capture1.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 1
The "large" FRB isn't what I'd call large. Try shipping a box of 24"x24"x20" via uSPS. Volumetric "weight" adds up fast.

But I agree: you might be able to squeeze 4 of those Belkins into a "large FRB". Why not contact the seller?

Could have swore that item was around $12 yesterday with free shipping.

Anyway I have a bunch of Belkin KVMs around the house plus stacks of brand new cables for when I need them. I snag them when I see them cheap. The SOHO series has audio switching as well.

Back