Staff member
Here is some of what has been added or improved:

• Power awareness for virtual machines and laptops
  • IRCjr fixes to improve compatibility with more servers
  • "Howto" style documentation for setting up SLIP and PPP with mTCP
  • FTPSrv requires significantly less RAM
  • FTPSrv can be made to exclude certain drive letters
  • Telnet now supports Xmodem and Ymodem uploads and downloads
  • More newline handling fixes for Telnet (I think I got it right this time!)
  • The FTP client will send files much faster now - 10 to 34% has been measured

You can download it from the project page at http://code.google.com/p/mtcp/ . Two versions are available for download: the standard binaries are in mTCP_2012-05-30.zip and the UPX compressed binaries are in mTCP_2012-05-30_upx.zip. The UPX compressed versions take less space on disk but take slightly longer to get running on slower systems. Source code is available on the download page too.

If you want to download directly from your DOS machine you can use htget! Try this:

That will download the zip file to a local file called mtcp0530.zip on your DOS machine.

Enjoy!
Mike

Great Work Mike!! FTP Server loads much quicker now when excluding floppy drives durring startup. Haven't had a chance to check out the other improvements but no doubt they'll be appreciated by many of us diehard mTCP users.

Nice work on this Mike! When I first set up networking on my DOS computers, the other programs wouldn't work. But then I tried mTCP and haven't turned back yet. I love this program quite a lot.:)

IBMAPC: No problem. Adding the option to exclude specific drive letters was not very difficult.

Unknown_K: My only other major project is the BIOS for the jrIDE - that is a CPLD implementation of an IDE adapter that EEGuru put together for the PCjr. I had adapted the original XT-IDE BIOS (written by Hargle) for use with XT-IDE adapters running on PCjrs, and then adapted that code to this new implementation which uses memory mapped registers and is far faster than the original XT-IDE.

DOS lives on: Thanks ... I do a lot of testing to try to keep bugs from escaping and to ensure that it works on a wide variety of hardware and emulators.

Back