• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

IBM PC 300GL bios update help

Thanks Turtle

Move if wrong section please

Ive searched the last 3 days to no success, I can not find the last bios update for my ibm pc 300gl. Does any one know of a specific site that might have it?
The current bios verison is: PDKT17.0
Model:627544U

I recently installed a 600mhz PIII (from the 333mhz) and the bios sees 440mhz and says it doesnt have the proper update file for it.

Hi there. I found a repository here:

ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/IBM_PC_BBS/commercial_desktop/

According with the "welcome" file (here ftp://ftp.oldskool.org/pub/IBM_PC_BBS/welcome.txt) it should have the latest updates but it does not, at least not for BIOS updates.

I have an IBM 300GL model 6563 (Slot 1 Pentium III model) and I noticed that the BIOS version it had was version 41A (dated 07/11/2002) and the one I found available at this ftp site is version 24A (dated 10/05/1999), so, it is not the latest. I made a big mistake while trying to change the displayed startup logo with a personalized one and the flash program also wrote the BIOS version 24A (1999). After some online search I could not find the 2002 BIOS version 41A it had before.

Take a look of the FTP site, maybe you can find a better version than 17.0

If you already downloaded a better BIOS from a different source please let me know.

Cheers!

Back