• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Lantastic using TCP/IP

alejack12001

Experienced Member
I am using Lantastic Version 8.01 as a network source for my AT&T 6300’s to share drives and at least one printer. I have a book on Lantastic Version 6 which devoted about a page to a Lantastic Version 1.1 for TCP/IP. I have tried to install the TCP version as an alternative network configuration mostly to implement the SNTP to correct the time. I have batteries deployed on both AT&T's to hold the time and date, however, when the computer is powered down the clock seems to reset to 1/1/1980 and time midnight. I don’t know if this is a throwback to the limits of the 8 or 16-bit addressing associated with the computer.

Using Novell 8-bit works on one machine, which allows me to us mTCP to implement DHCP and SNTP for the clock. The other machine flatly rejects the Novel, so I must use the Lantastic. The problem I am having is the install of version 1.1 stalls on the second disk. The Lantastic Version 1.1 package that I have came from Vetusware.com. The second disk house’s an install.pak file, which is a binary compression of the files needed to complete the install. The process of install first checks for available disk space and sees the second disk, however, during the install then it can’t seem to find disk 2 or the pak file. I tried to install it on a virtual system with MSDOS 6.22 and had complete success. So, the software is not corrupt. I don’t know if the problem is with the AT&T computer.

What I am seeking is first will this Lantastic version 1.1 TCP/IP work or not if I can get it installed? If not, is there a substitute program similar to SNTP to correct the time that works from Lantastic Version 8.01?

Back