• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Cool Software Suggestions for supersPORT

thenzero

Experienced Member
Looking for cool software suggestions to run on my supersPORT and supersPORT 286. Please do suggest (but don't post links to!) non free software that is awesome. This is open ended, please respond with whatever you use a lot or just think is fun or great.

I realize this has been covered before but it seems worth trotting back out now and again.

What I'd load it with these days....

MS-DOS 6.22 w/ Supplimental Disk - setup to multiboot of course (work with the memory I have)

Services/Utilities
- mTCP suite
- DOS Lynx Browser, or LInks (Links.twibright.com) if that runs on a 286 (have not tried it)
- Packet Driver for a NIC, can't remember if the supersport had an ISA Slot

Productivity
- Professional Write or WordPerfect 5.1
- Turbopaint

Games
- Maniac Mansion
- Leisure Suit Larry 1-3
- Ultima IV and/or Ultima V and/or Ultima VI
- Hoyale Card Games
- Microlink Yahtzee
- Loom
- Sim City
- Street Fighting Man

Maybe the topic wording is funky since I mentioned supersPORT directly... what about just general killer DOS software? For example I regularly use snooper for system specs, banana com or procomm for terminal needs, and leading edge word processor for notes. Other cool DOS software I like includes sopwith, print master, lotus 123, captain comic, pac-man, castle, and of course all the text adventure games like zork, adventure, and hhgttg. How about you??

What I'd load it with these days....

MS-DOS 6.22 w/ Supplimental Disk - setup to multiboot of course (work with the memory I have)

Services/Utilities
- mTCP suite
- DOS Lynx Browser, or LInks (Links.twibright.com) if that runs on a 286 (have not tried it)
- Packet Driver for a NIC, can't remember if the supersport had an ISA Slot

Productivity
- Professional Write or WordPerfect 5.1
- Turbopaint

Games
- Maniac Mansion
- Leisure Suit Larry 1-3
- Ultima IV and/or Ultima V and/or Ultima VI
- Hoyale Card Games
- Microlink Yahtzee
- Loom
- Sim City
- Street Fighting Man

Awesome list! Thanks! Can't wait to check out some of these. jinx for the timing, you owe me a coke :lol:

Back