• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

lookie what I found!!!

luckybob

Veteran Member
while I was in my garage looking for some tools for something I was working on, I found a box of 5&1/4 floppies I had forgotten about.

Aparently I am the proud owner of Taxcut for the 1988 season as well as the following software:

spss 1.0
wordperfect 5.0
fortran, c, cobal, wacom fortran, pascal and basic compilers from M$
lotus 1-2-3
dbaseIII
wordstar 2000 2.0

as well as what I remember as a backup of dos 2.11 which was proprietary to the NEC APCIII that my dad had. And the original system diagnostic disk for that system.

part of me wants to sell them as I have no way to use them anymore, the other part says keep them and get a new apciii...

Is any of this software special, or are the 360kb disks worth more than the data? (some ds,hd disks in there too like 4-5)

while I was in my garage looking for some tools for something I was working on, I found a box of 5&1/4 floppies I had forgotten about.

Aparently I am the proud owner of Taxcut for the 1988 season as well as the following software:

spss 1.0
wordperfect 5.0
fortran, c, cobal, wacom fortran, pascal and basic compilers from M$
lotus 1-2-3
dbaseIII
wordstar 2000 2.0

as well as what I remember as a backup of dos 2.11 which was proprietary to the NEC APCIII that my dad had. And the original system diagnostic disk for that system.

part of me wants to sell them as I have no way to use them anymore, the other part says keep them and get a new apciii...

Is any of this software special, or are the 360kb disks worth more than the data? (some ds,hd disks in there too like 4-5)

What a coincidence. I have a box just like yours with QuickBASIC, Lotus, WP 5.0, dBase, and some miscellaneous utilities, all on 360k disks. The QuickBASIC disks are originals, the others all copies.

I also have a pile of 3.5" disks with various utilities/drivers. The most interesting one of these is a Microsoft mouse driver from 1988 with a DOS version of PaintBrush.

Back