• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

ERBAUER srl - DMD135A Help Identify this 16 bit ISA Card? 386 486 accelleretor Board?

Simone2013

Experienced Member
Please help to identify, jumper settings, software and any useful info (ISA 8 bit friendly?) of this card.

Attached Photos:20150409_012609.jpg20150409_012531.jpg20150409_012544.jpg20150409_012727.jpg20150409_012732.jpg

Thank you

it is actually just a motherboard, usually reserved for industrial applications. Basically you plug that board into one of these:
isa_server.jpg

They come in every shape and size you could want. Its actually a pretty neat board, I have a pentium pro one and a socket 370

Thank you I see now that i published it in "software" section instead of "hardware"!

The problem is to find some info on jumpers etc etc...

well, is most likely going to be pretty standard.

bottom left connector will be front panel led's and switches, next to that will be either com2 or a keyboard, 3rd is floppy, 4th is ide. The jumpers below the ram look like they will control the FSB. the ones next to the cpu are likely determine the cache size. the header at the very top right is most likely keyboard.

well, is most likely going to be pretty standard.

bottom left connector will be front panel led's and switches, next to that will be either com2 or a keyboard, 3rd is floppy, 4th is ide. The jumpers below the ram look like they will control the FSB. the ones next to the cpu are likely determine the cache size. the header at the very top right is most likely keyboard.

Thank you luckybob... i had already imagined for FLOPPY & IDE... and I agree with you for others pinout... but i'm puzzled about the quartz/clock... the only one present is 14.xxx MHz (maybe cga/ega/herc video out?)... but for a wide variety of processor like 386/486SX/486DX where is the place to install the quartz?

Should be interesting (if it work) to have a "486-in-a-box" with a small "footprint"...
backplane with ATX power do exist? what happen if i used an old motherboard instead? just for giving power to that thing....

A 14mhz crystal and the right logic can make most if not all common cpu speeds. its all done in that little dip-20 chip right next to the clock. You can get any stock speed with the jumpers under the ram. I'd imagine you would need to use trial and error to see what works. I'd imagine you can get 16,25,33,40,& 50 mhz and thats about it.

You can get a dumb backplane ANY way you want one. here is an isa one with atx: http://www.arbor-usa.com/catalog/p_pbi-8sa.html

Do not use an old motherboard, it will not work, and probably destroy both boards.

Back