• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Windows 2000 Download?

cherrybakewell

Hi all,

I am new here. I am looking to build a Windows 2000 server domain with some machines connected to it.

I am really struggling to find a download link for any of the ISO images that I require. I have fully genuine license keys.

I require ISOs for the following:-

- Windows 2000 Professional SP4
- Windows Server 2000 Standard

If anyone could help me, that would be amazing!

Many thanks,

Cherry Bakewell.

You used to be able to download them with a MSDN or MSDNAA account, I don't know if they still have something as old as Win2k up though.

Oddly enough, the Windows 2000 ISO from the MSDN was patched -- from Microsoft -- to not require a serial number.

*Puts moderator hat on*

I am going to jump in here and remind everyone that we do not condone software piracy here, even if the software is old and out of use/support. So posts that condone and/or promote such will be deleted. It is a fine line with this kind of post. Also remember that the mods cannot see into your private messages, so you'd be on the honor system there.

*Removes mod hat*

Ok, that said, there probably is no real legit way to download ISOs like that. There might be some torrents out there, and some Google searches could lead you to find them, but your best bet maybe to just buy CDs from Ebay or some other market place. It looks like 2k Pro runs around 10 or 15 dollars and 2k Server around 20 or 30 on ebay, not too bad IMO.

Here are some listings I found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/windows-200...914045?hash=item1ecf2df37d:g:JSsAAOSwpiNZtco0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-W...118247?hash=item4d61e8a4a7:g:UKgAAOSwaeRZOCES

*Puts moderator hat on*

I am going to jump in here and remind everyone that we do not condone software piracy here, even if the software is old and out of use/support. So posts that condone and/or promote such will be deleted. It is a fine line with this kind of post. Also remember that the mods cannot see into your private messages, so you'd be on the honor system there.

*Removes mod hat*

Ok, that said, there probably is no real legit way to download ISOs like that. There might be some torrents out there, and some Google searches could lead you to find them, but your best bet maybe to just buy CDs from Ebay or some other market place. It looks like 2k Pro runs around 10 or 15 dollars and 2k Server around 20 or 30 on ebay, not too bad IMO.

Here are some listings I found:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/windows-200...914045?hash=item1ecf2df37d:g:JSsAAOSwpiNZtco0
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Microsoft-W...118247?hash=item4d61e8a4a7:g:UKgAAOSwaeRZOCES

Yeah, I suggested the MSDN/MSDNAA account method since that yields legit ISOs that you're allowed to have. Buying off eBay if you've already got a product key is probably the safest way to not end up with some early 2000s malware.

Ok, that said, there probably is no real legit way to download ISOs like that.

1dxet4.jpg

Microsoft does not care about freely distributing iso files of operating systems. PROVIDED you don't also share cd keys. So if he does have a legit cd key, he can freely download the iso from anywhere. Coincidently, one of the largest torrent sites is the pirate bay. This is a double coincidence, as today is talk like a pirate day.

YARR.

Microsoft does not care about freely distributing iso files of operating systems. PROVIDED you don't also share cd keys. So if he does have a legit cd key, he can freely download the iso from anywhere. Coincidently, one of the largest torrent sites is the pirate bay. This is a double coincidence, as today is talk like a pirate day.

YARR.

I have to disagree with this. This was only a practice MS started with Windows 7 and beyond. 2k never had freely available ISOs. And when I said legit, I was also talking about reputable download places (MS no longer hosts them, so any third party is probably going to be illegitimate) as well as licensing. Remember that the holographic CD they did was also used to show you had bought the real media, something they would not have done had they not cared about where people got their media from.

As pointed out already your safest bet is to purchase a legit CD or find a friend with the original media you want and borrow it if you have a key and COA already.

Although Microsoft may not actually go after sites anymore that host ISOs for its old OS's I don't think this is the same thing as them officially sanctioning it, for which I have never seen anything in writing that they do. Even in the Windows 7/8 era there used to be official ISOs hosted on Digital River but MS eventually ended that and only MS itself is distributing the ISOs.

Downloading an ISO from some random site will also likely get you a cracked copy that certainly has an extra payload of malware as there are plenty of these floating around from the 2000-XP era.

malware in 2000 is scare tactic horseshit.

ive used a 4 in 1 cd image for win2k for years. i suppose if you really go off the rails, maybe. But the thing with BitTorrent, if ypu find a download nobody is seeding. there usually is a reason why. Bad software is weeded out naturally. and FFS, its just 2k.

It is kind of hard to get retail versions of Win2000 since most of the CDs out there were OEM (serials should be different between OEM and Retail). I saved a few serial stickers over the years and have quite a few OEM and retail CD's of Win 9x/NT4/Win2k around.

The 4 in 1 CD works very well if you can find it.

You used to be able to get ti form WinWorld, but now your best bet is Beta Archives.

I personally don't recommend downloading from Winworld. I notice a few of their Windows ISOs are modified (not original) and they don't mention that on the download page. It can be quite an issue, considering the fragile designs of Win9x.

I personally don't recommend downloading from Winworld. I notice a few of their Windows ISOs are modified (not original) and they don't mention that on the download page. It can be quite an issue, considering the fragile designs of Win9x.
Did you ever consider going on to the forum an MENTIONING there was an issue? Or contributing "unmodified" ISOs? I'm guessing not. I don't know where else you think someone could have downloaded an "unmodified" ISO of some of the more uncommon ones - mainly oddball foreign language versions that had the CD fluff stripped from them, which usually isn't a real problem. If you are implying that a certain other archive was so much better, you might want to look again, all of those crufty ISOs came from there originally, are still there, and that particular archive has little interest in adding or improving anything that isn't a Windows 10 beta. Winworld had actually made very good progress cleaning things up, replacing crufty ones where possible, and vastly improving the quality.

Back