• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Apple's Lisa Operating System and Application Source Code to go Public

NeXT

Veteran Member
In case you missed it, Al posted that he, his team and the CHM have now handled the source code and after a quick review are letting Apple consult and ponder weather or not to release the source code to the public in due time. Awesome work guys!
He originally announced this In the LisaList Group on the 24th but since then the news has been spreading all over the place. I picked it up today on my RSS feed for the BBC. -Link-

I am excited to see what comes out of this. There is already speculation of patches but I'd love a better grip on how drivers operate and hook in. I'd kill to see a working LOS driver for the Sun Remarketing SCSI card. :)

This is great. I mean all 10 people with a working Lisa that actually TURN IT ON, should be excited. This isn't me taking the piss out of it, I just want the code for a machine a little more... common?

I personally find the Lisa somewhat... Fugly. But I want to make it clear, I'm not disparaging the Lisa community. I'm just bitter IBM wont do the same for the PS/2 era hardware or OS/2.

*edit* yay post 1,000!

Apparently not that unpopular:

sam_ink_engineer_large.jpg lisasimpsonapple.jpg

There was a young lady... Lisa her name.....in one of previous VCF shows,
and she had a collection of these!

ziloo :mrgreen:

Back