• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Micro Peripherals Disk Drive manual scanned

tezza

Veteran Member
Hi,

I've just uploaded a scanned manual for Micro Peripherals Model 51/52 Flexible 5.25 inch Disk Drive. The download link can be found here.

Tez

Thanks, Tezz!

I've got a couple of MPI drives here that resemble those, but are 100 tpi. I don't know the model, as all of the glue sticking the labels (and tach strobe) has long ago dried out and the paper disappeared.

Mine have small PCBs plugged into J5 on the drive electronics PCB that supply READY signals (just a 74LS123 one shot, some caps and resistors and a trimmer pot).

Thanks Tezza, I've been looking for this one, as I have several of each of these.

Necro-posting here. I just bought two FH 5150 drives from PeterNY. One is a Micro Peripherals drive, but I'm not sure if it's the model in Tezza's manual.

Can anyone familiar with these units confirm that my drive matches the 51/52 described in the manual?

Here's the info from the sticker on the back of the drive:

Flexible Disk Drive
PN 77711801
Equip ID No BR8B1A 05
Lot No 8416
SN 908190

There's also a gray label on the right-side of the enclosure which contains several numbers and a single barcode.

Any ideas? - Thanks!

*edit

Further down in the Google hits listing, I found this link which seems to be a scan of an original manual matching your photocopies, Tez.

My apologies - I should've done a side-by-side comparison rather than skimming quickly and going from memory. Ah well, perhaps someone will find it useful as well!

Back