• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Graphical User Interface keyboard Idea

Jon Jarmon

Experienced Member
I know this is off topic but I thought that there shgould be a Graphical User Interface Keyboard.In other words a computer keyboard that would have a small color LCD screen on each key that could be programmed by the application to display Icons or text on each key.
It gets very confusing having to remember which key does what, say for example on a complicated F16 fighter simulation.I know that games usually come with a chart explaining each keys function, but this is very inconvenient and bothersome.
It would be nice to have the keys on a G.U.I. Keyboard
change for instance to different languages just by clicking on an icon on the CRT or L.C.D. screen of a computers monitor and then the keyboard would change by programming into say a German(Deutsch) language keyboard.A G.U.I. keyboard could be used for many different application without requiring a tedious manual or chart having to be pulled out.On my F16 flight simulation example earlier say for instance the little L.C.D. screen on the 7 key of the keyboard lit up and there was an icon for a AIM-9 sidewinder missile with the words AIM-9 on that particular key.
Well it's just a dream and an idea.Thanks for listening.

Back