• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Wanted: Inovion PGS-III documentation

rmay635703

Veteran Member
Title says it all, I can't seem to locate any information on the board manufacturer for my QLT futura 100, I would like to program a new driver for the unit but QLT itself claims it doesn't have any development environment, no names of previous programmers or any information at all.

If I could find someone who worked at the defunct Inovion I might be able to locate some documentation for my system.

It appears that the OS shell was crippled on the Futura so you could not format disks or do DOS like data management you were stuck in their shell of sorts.

Anyone willing to take a motorolla based futura and dump the hi/low roms for me? I don't have access to a lab anymore.

Thank You
Ryan

Inovion Software Engineer

Inovion Software Engineer

Hi Ryan,

I used to be a Senior Software Engineer at Inovion. After Inovion went defunct, I co-founded Onyx Graphics along with another employee of Inovion. I don't have any documentation or source for the PGS III anymore. I know the names of one other software engineer, the engineering director, the CEO, but only have contact information for the other Onyx Graphics co-founder (which is no longer with Onyx Graphics, but now is president of another company). I don't believe that Onyx Graphics (www.onyxgfx.com) has any documentation for the PGS III. They haven't used a PGS III since around 1991. The PGS III operating system and application software was developed in Motorola 68010 assembly language using a cross-compiler on a x86 based DOS PC. I don't even remember what the development environment was like. I believe we wrote the assembly language on a text editor of the day and cross-compiled it for the PGS III. I know that we also had a debugging environment, but it was so long ago that I don't remember much about it. If you're still interested in names and/or my one contact, reply to this thread with information on how to contact you.

Dean

Back