• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

8088 project

AKOUTSAKAS

Hello, i don't know if this is the right location to open this threat but i would like some help on my project.
i have a project similar to this one http://www.8085projects.info/post/Seven-Segment-Display-Interface-(Eight-Digits).aspx but i want to be on 8088.
i use bgc 8088. and at this point i want to find a way to insert a value from keyboard without stoping a loop.
actually i want to print on my seven segments some values (printing is done by looping the values at each
seven segment) and then without stoping the loop (it will cause to stop displaying my message)
to insert a value from keyboard.

on my emulator there is an interupt to read the buffer from keyboard. ah=1 int 16. but there is not that interupt on bgs 8088. i am trying to work with keyboard status interupt ah=2 int 81 or command line interupt ah=1 int 81. but the loop is stoping and only the last value in loop is shown.
could anyone help plz?!

I've looked at Microport's web site for information, but can't even find a schematic of the BGC8088. If one could be found, then one might be able to tell you if what you'ld like to do is possible.

i have a user guide but i don't think this would help.
is there any way to check how interupts like int 81 work? so i can modify to do the job?
or just make my own subroutine to do the job. a teacher of mine told my to check IR 7 but i didn't get it. i ll meet him next week. any idea??

i have a user guide but i don't think this would help.
is there any way to check how interupts like int 81 work? so i can modify to do the job?
or just make my own subroutine to do the job. a teacher of mine told my to check IR 7 but i didn't get it. i ll meet him next week. any idea??

IR 7 probably refers to Interrupt Request 7, meaning "int 7" in your previously used notation.

As for advice from me, if you're just asking about straight x86 assembly, look up "Ralf Brown's Interrupt List" - it's the end-all source for information on x86 interrupts and their various functions.

IR 7 probably refers to Interrupt Request 7, meaning "int 7" in your previously used notation.

As for advice from me, if you're just asking about straight x86 assembly, look up "Ralf Brown's Interrupt List" - it's the end-all source for information on x86 interrupts and their various functions.

You're assuming a PC-compatible BIOS structure. I'm not sure that this is the case with this product.

Back