• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

best way to preserve a manufacture's online documentation?

luvit

Experienced Member
i'm not an expert on html and related methods of online media..
is there a semi-universal way to capture/preserve/mirror desired *portions* of a manufacture's product documentation?
what i want is not in PDF form and every manufacturer could vary in how they display their online documentation.
i guess i don't want to flip from page to page and make screen captures or file/save as..
i was hoping for an idea to mirror.. but when their information goes *poof*, i'll still have mine. sample of one manufacturer

No. That's a great recommendation. That's what I imagined. I've not trapped into wget beyond grabbing an installable .bin file. It likely has many tons of options.
Maybe it will let me set the depth of links to collect from one URL?
That may sound wasteful of storage space, but I could move the content to DVD.

Yeah, that sounds good. I just discovered httrack during a quick review of wget..
I gotta find feature lists to both.. A nice side by side feature comparison... somewhere
I don't want to kinda struggle with one and find out later that the other would have suited me a little better..

I use adobe acrobat, but there are many free tools that will convert HTML into a pdf file. I find these easy to read, and very transportable.

Kipp

i'm looking for a way to fetch and preserve the links (links get converted to point to my copy of the mirrored/preserved pages).
i'm sure with companies doing better at managing Big Data, that their support pages for products will still go *poof* in the future.

Back