• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Please be gentle....My first post is a request....

H2Rick

for help in locating a copy of an aftermarket manual for the Lotus Symphony software suite of the early-mid 80's. This book, I believe, was published by Que Publishing. I remember it being in softbound form and having a black cover. It was the best book I've ever seen for discussing the ins and outs of 1-2-3 and the rest of the Symphony modules. Can anyone help me out with an author's name or a title or an ISBN ??? Heck, even Ebay has come up empty on this one and so has Google. I stumbled on this board through Google and you folks may very well be my last resort.

Lotus

Lotus

I think it may be SYBEX instead of QUE, I have an old Dbase III book and in the back it has library's and some names you can look up to see if this is the case are Carolyn Jorgensen, Alan Simpson, Stanley R. Trost, Chris Gilbert and Laurie Williams, Douglas Cobb, Dick Anderson, Carl Townsend, Doug Hergert, Dick Anderson.

Thank you, Sandy. Yes, I believe you're right about Sybex being the publisher.
My memory is not what it was back in 83/84 when I actually learned the program with a lot of help from that particular book. I guess I should have bought my own copy....right??;)
Well, the search begins anew......
OK....it WAS Douglas cobb and there are many copies of the 1984 first edition and the 1988 update available online and at VERY reasonable prices, too. Again, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Sandy. :)

Last edited:
Have you tried Amazon's advanced search?

Subject: Lotus Symphony
Publication Date: before the year 1990
Sort Results By: Publication Date, Oldest First

Sadly, there aren't any cover images for such old books, but maybe you'll remember a title or author.

You might also try the Library of Congress.
Using their catalog, subject browse for "Lotus Symphony" gives 69 hits.
I imagine your book would have to be in there somewhere.

Cheers,
Andy

Touchdown!

Touchdown!

Thank you, Sandy. Yes, I believe you're right about Sybex being the publisher.
My memory is not what it was back in 83/84 when I actually learned the program with a lot of help from that particular book. I guess I should have bought my own copy....right??;)
Well, the search begins anew......
OK....it WAS Douglas cobb and there are many copies of the 1984 first edition and the 1988 update available online and at VERY reasonable prices, too. Again, many thanks for pointing me in the right direction, Sandy. :)

It's so nice to be able to help, usually I make a complete fool of myself around here, I am very happy you found it!: You're welcome:

I believe I have the book you're looking for. It's cover has a black background and a pic of a conductors hand with baton over a music score and a blueprint-like spreadsheet screen-capture on a NEC monitor.

It is indeed a QUE book ISBN 0-88022-124-0 by David Paul Ewing and Geoffrey T. LeBlonde

Back