• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

PC-MOS/386 - Open Source Project

TheGrue

I am currently working on the source for PC-MOS/386 which is available on github here:

https://github.com/roelandjansen/pcmos386v501

Having not used this OS (but having years of experience programming DOS) prior to discovering the github repo and spending countless hours playing around with it and actually contributing some changes I have come to realize the repo could really use some documentation. So, I am requesting if anyone has any documentation or media related to PC-MOS/386 that could be scanned and made available, loaned for scanning, or otherwise made available that would be great! I raised this as an issue with the repo back in June 2018 and have not been able to find anything other than some articles about the OS being open sourced and an archived thread on this site. See here:

https://github.com/roelandjansen/pcmos386v501/issues/27

Anyway, this is my first post even though I have been lurking for months now. Having the original documentation would allow for updated documentation and command reference going forward as well as an understanding of configuration, etc. Images of original media would allow for re-implementing the original distribution method/process.

Thanks!

Jim

Found a set of version 4 media/manual(s) on ebay and ordered it. Should be here next week. Not sure how close v4 is to v5, but it should have some usable nuggets of information!

Still looking for scans of documentation anyone may have of v5. Or, if anyone is close to Seattle and wouldn't mind lending docs to me so I can scan them, it would be much appreciated!

Jim

I have read in a Dutch article that Roelof worked with PC-MOS since the end of the '80s. Have you contacted him and asked?

Thanks for your reply Ruud! I looked Roelof up on here and sent a PM. I notice they haven't had any activity since 2013, so I don't hold out much hope of getting a response. I have also tried to PM sharkonwheels, who hasn't had activity in a year or so.

Would you mind sending me a link to the article? Assuming it is online.

Thanks again!

Jim

Back