• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

TV games question and also DOS games on disk...

NathanAllan

Veteran Member
Do the re-released TV games from Jakks and others count for vintage? The hardwre is new, but the programs are classic. Most of them are just plain fun, especially that Commodore DTV! I think I'll play with it for a while then recase it into a complete computer later. I googled the process of doing that a while ago, can't seem to find it...

...from a person at atariage. I can coordinate if you need me to, basically pass along emails and addresses.
Leisure Suit Larry in the Land of the Lounge Lizards
MS-DOS 3.5" HD

Space Quest I: The Sarien Encounter
MS-DOS 3.5" HD

King's Quest V: Absence Makes the Heart Go Yonder
MS-DOS 5.25" Disks but can transfer to cd if necessary

King's Quest VI: Heir Today, Gone Tomorrow
MS-DOS 3.5" HD

I believe all are complete and are in working order (will verify before shipping)...
Prefer to sell these as one single lot, so if anyone just wants to make an offer (or tell
me they are just plain worthless) send me a pm. ***

He has pics up.

http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=126218&hl=

No, I wouldn't consider the TV games vintage, perhaps retro if you can determine the difference between the terms. I believe the C64DTV and perhaps the unreleased (?) Flashback 3 are the only two ones which can be modded and expanded to a full computer, since both emulate one. In that respect, they're just as retro as C1, XGS and so on, of which neither clearly are vintage computers or gaming systems.

Back