• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Sango Fighter Special Edition - Free, full game released for Windows, Mac OS X, Linux

DeathAdderSF

Experienced Member
Hello, everyone!

We at Super Fighter Team are pretty jazzed to reveal our latest passion project to the world: Sango Fighter Special Edition. :D

Official website and Direct download

You know Sango Fighter, don'cha? Published in 1993 by Panda Entertainment, it was one of the first fighting games to truly make a big splash on MS-DOS based PCs. It certainly left an impression on me, to the point where I acquired the rights to it in 2009 [!].

Now here we are in 2021, and what do we have to show for it? Well... quite a lot, actually.

Our new edition of the game features:

* All of your favorite generals, + that pesky li'l soldier!
* MS-DOS and Super A'can versions of each general, with some BIG differences between 'em!
* A high energy remix of the soundtrack, with add'l tracks.
* Improved, rebalanced fight system.
* We even brought in a Taiwanese voice actor to serve as the fight announcer!
* Oh! And support for 3 languages: English, Chinese, Japanese. Neat!!

So if you've always loved the MS-DOS version of Sango Fighter but it left you wanting more, and / or if you're intrigued by the hobbled Super A'can version but don't want to waste hundreds of dollars to buy it... then I think you'll be fairly pleased with what we've accomplished here. ;)

Ah... but wait! I know what some of you purists might be thinking:

"Bah! What's with all these newfangled 'features?' The original game is fine just the way it is!!" or "What the hell is a Super A'can?!!"

And that's fine, 'cuz we planned ahead for that: In addition to the new & improved "Enhanced" mode, Sango Fighter Special Edition features a "Classic" mode, which ONLY uses content from the MS-DOS version, including 100% hardware accurate recordings of the Ad Lib (YM3812) soundtrack! W0w!

Truly there is something for everyone. It's a Christmas miracle. So! Please try out the game. Share it with your friends. And feel welcome to share your feedback with all of us.

Thanks! Enjoy!! And best wishes for 2022.

sango01win.gif
sango02win.gif

sango03win.gif
sango04win.gif

sango05win.gif
sango06win.gif

OMG, I purchased the original version new back to mid 1990s when I was in junior high.

It's really good and far away memories :)

Thank you for this. I'd seen the A'can version in MAME, but never tried actually playing it through.

Each one includes cool new pixel artwork of the fighters
Good ones! Who did those?

It's pretty cool that the character info is finally available in English. Back in the '90s we had the version with the Chinese text, which we obviously couldn't read, so my friends and I used to make up our own names for the characters: "old guy", "pretty-boy", "the prince", "fatso". We even had "the Frenchman", "the American" and "the Romanian", based on their perceived "accents" in those low-quality voice samples. 😆

Thanks! The new pixel art is done internally by our team. The art it's based on is from the instruction manual; Joseph Chang of Panda Entertainment did those himself.

As kids, we referred to Lü Bu as "Superman" because of his character design.

Back