• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

History and Review of the first Star Trek computer game

These aren't the "First" but wouldn't you like to get your grubby hands on these Vintage beauties? Sorry, they aren't for sale. :(

IMG_STARTREK1_1.jpg

IMG_STARTREK2_1.jpg

IMG_STARTREK3_1.jpg

I do't know if STAR TREK was the first game, but it certainly was ONE of the first games I played on any computer. The TRS-80 Model 1 version on my shiny new Dick Smith System 80.

Good video!

Terry (Tez)

For me in fact I think it was the first application I ever saw on a computer, when for the first time I saw a computer close up - a nice demonstration by my to-be math teacher on his CBM PET.
So special thread for me :) thx for the link!

Last edited:
My first Star Trek game was the one for the Atari 2600 by Sega. Not really computer :) Still...quite fun to a Trek fan with no computer!

I've since scoured the net and gotten pretty much every Star Trek game for the PC, and the ones Pro-Data referenced above for the C64 (tho I'm almost positive I have the Promethean Prophecy on PC as well). Ah.... fun stuffs :)

I've still got a copy of "The Kobayashi Alternative" with the original book, procedures manual, and 5 1/4" disks. I copied it to 3 1/2" about 10 years ago so I could try it out without damaging the original floppies.

kobayashicover.jpg

Finally had a chance to watch. Nice review. Is that yours TanruNomad? Was lmao when you first got hit. The irony of StarWars as well.. wow.

Awesome. I had a version of that game for my TI-99/4A. I might still have it somewhere... not sure if the cassette tape is still readable.

I also had the Rebel Universe, but I could never get it to work properly on my 286, so I doubt I still have it.

Back