• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Eye of the Beholder III : need image of disk 4

keropi

Experienced Member
Hiya!

anyone here has this specific version of eob3?

2n3atu.jpg

My set's disk4 has gone bad and there is no way to read it (comes out as 720kb disk or something, completely damaged :( )

I am looking for this specific version, disk4's label should be: ASSD4V1_1 , I have some other versions like the KIXX re-release and the EOB Trilogy pack and it seems on them that EOB3 is V1_0 (their disk label is ASSD4V1_0)

Here is a photo the versions that I own and are V1_0 , those won't do :

2na6wxc.jpg

Please contact me if you can help.
Thanks! :D

I wonder if there is a utility that will give you a raw 1.44MB dump of the disk, ignoring all errors. If you can get the files off the disk, and there should only be three, you may be able to save the version. Assuming the disk is packed the same as the 1.0 version, the three files are compressed .ARJ files. If you can retrieve the files and get the installer to unpack them without complaint, you can salvage your version. There is a 1.2 version patch available.

Geia sou my friend!

yep got it, turns out this version is the same as the "EOB trilogy" one after all, even if the disk label is different. All files are 100% the same :)
thanks for your help though!

so what you need is the already-patched version, from a "Kixx" release? or maybe it's a late release with the patch already on it?

mistake: i have EoB2, in 5.25" format, but EoB3 is on 3.5" format, i'll check them now.

i do have this game, but they're on 5.25" 1.2mb floppies. are the files the same as on the 3.5" 1.44mb floppies?

yep it's the same files as the 3.5" version :)
The files can't be the same. The first three disks all have ARJs that are too big to fit on 5.25" 1.2mb floppies, i.e., 1.327MB. Only the fourth disk of the set could fit on a 5.25" 1.2mb floppy.

sometimes the developer used the same files on both formats, while not taking advantage of the slightly larger size of the 3.5" floppies.
This is very good nowadays because it increase your chance of finding the right files to replace, whenever your disk(s) go bad.

The files can't be the same. The first three disks all have ARJs that are too big to fit on 5.25" 1.2mb floppies, i.e., 1.327MB. Only the fourth disk of the set could fit on a 5.25" 1.2mb floppy.

I don't mean the actual ARJ files on the installation disks, I mean the end-result files: both 3.5" and 5.25" versions install the same game files, only packed with different sized ARJ archives ;)

I don't mean the actual ARJ files on the installation disks, I mean the end-result files: both 3.5" and 5.25" versions install the same game files, only packed with different sized ARJ archives ;)
I would expect that to be the case no matter how they are packed. :)

Back