• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

"Chuck Jones: Space Cop of the Future", New adventure game for DOS! (in development)

PgrAm

Experienced Member
"Chuck Jones: Space Cop of the Future", New adventure game for DOS! (in development)

Hey guys,

Over the past couple months I've been working on building a new point-and-click adventure game for dos from scratch. The name of the game is: "Chuck Jones: Space Cop of the Future".

In the game you control Detective Chuck Jones (no relation to the animator of the same name), a rough and tumble LA cop in the year 1976. While involved in a highspeed chase you have a car accident and are heavily wounded. To avoid death you are cryogenically frozen, many years in the future you are unfrozen and must track down and apprehend a dangerous criminal in a strange time by flying around the galaxy in your rocket powered El Camino, meeting interesting characters and solving puzzles.

Screenshots:
chuck_000.pngchuck_001.pngchuck_002.png

Screenshots Copyright (c) 2017 Jake S. Del Mastro

At this time the game is still in development but I would like to hear very much what you guys think about it and I will answer any questions you have, including technical/programming related.

The requirements at this point are:

16 Mhz 286 (probably works on a slower one but I don't have a slower 286 to test)
VGA graphics
Adlib or SoundBlaster Card
640k of RAM
MS-DOS 3.3

Additionally I plan to add support for PC speaker music and MT-32, an Amiga port is also something I would like to do if I can.

Last edited:
Three things you must do:

1) Port it to the C64.

2) Sell the CGA version, in a box with pictures from the C64 version, and a coupon to send in with an extra $20 to get the VGA version.

3) Put in very fine print on the bottom of the box "Commodore 64 version pictured."

That's nostalgia.

Haha, I do plan to sell it in a big box on like 6 floppies. c64 definitely wouldn't be able to run this game though, 6502 just isn't beefy enough and 64k of ram would mean disk swaps all the time.

When I first came up with the character it didn't occur to me that someone else had the same name. When I remembered who the original Chuck Jones was I decided not to change the name because I felt that it made sense given the tone of the game and the fact that my sense of humor has undoubtedly been shaped by his cartoons.

Hmm, I've thought a bit about it and I wanna do it cause I think it would sound cool. At the moment however its not a priority, the music I've composed for it was written with more than 3 channels in mind so it would require tweaking the arrangements a bit and I don't currently own any hardware with Tandy sound.

Just a small update here. I got some new hardware (AST premium 286), and was able to confirm that the game will run perfectly fine on a 286 at 6mhz. So I think it's time I officially update the system requirements.

Back