• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

Anyone Know About www.old-games.com?

Grandcheapskate

Veteran Member
I was wondering whether anyone has joined www.old-games.com. For under $9 for a month, it says you have unlimited downloads of old games. Sounds like a great deal if the site is genuine. Certainly seems genuine based on the quality of the website presentation.

So...has anyone joined?

Thanks...Joe

I was wondering whether anyone has joined www.old-games.com. For under $9 for a month, it says you have unlimited downloads of old games. Sounds like a great deal if the site is genuine. Certainly seems genuine based on the quality of the website presentation.

So...has anyone joined?

Thanks...Joe

If it looks too good to be true it probably is. I would check some of the reviews before plunking down bucks.

https://www.gamespot.com/forums/pc-...from-oldgamescom-where-can-you-buy--29399430/

Last edited:
Your money, your choice, but it seems to be a site that charges money to provide links to other sites that offer downloads of questionable legality. Provides no value itself.

Your money, your choice, but it seems to be a site that charges money to provide links to other sites that offer downloads of questionable legality. Provides no value itself.

Was going to say the same thing myself. They're not providing official licencing for these games, so an extra 10 minutes of google searches (or a torrent link) can provide you with a one-time free source of similarly ethically ambiguous software.

You can d/l two per day for free.

While I haven't tried to analyse how they track or tag you for this quota I'm quite sure you can use one of the various methods available to you (VPN, Cookie, MAC Addy, etc.) to d/l more if you're really greedy. :)

I used to download a lot of abandonware on emuparadise before they disabled downloads. But there are other sites to download old DOS games. I use GOG for old 9x era games and it's a great site. Still supports XP which Steam is no longer. But if you are playing on retro hardware (9x or older) nothing beats the original CD roms in compatibility with the hardware.

They are charging to download QBasic Gorillas...lol

The "company" behind it is based in Belize. I guess that's why they haven't been sued into oblivion.

For under $9 for a month, it says you have unlimited downloads of old games. Sounds like a great deal if the site is genuine. Certainly seems genuine based on the quality of the website presentation.

100% not genuine. All screenshots scraped from mobygames. Offering known games where the rights holders are active and protective of their IP.

If there's a game you want to play, just do a quick search, and you'll find it in some form or fashion.

I get my games at the following sources:

1) Thrift shops (lucky in most cases)
2) eBay
3) GOG.com for DOS and some Windows games (pretty good bargain)
4) Steam for DOS and Windows games (cheaper than getting a physical copy at a store since they have sales)

I had purchased about 4-5 games that are in the big boxes that are either on CDs or diskettes and I have big boxes for the games that my dad had purchased between 1992-1996 or so. My plan is to scan those boxes, order them as 8x10's, and buy frames to put them in as a display or in a glass case for the big boxes to preserve them.

100% not genuine. All screenshots scraped from mobygames. Offering known games where the rights holders are active and protective of their IP.

If there's a game you want to play, just do a quick search, and you'll find it in some form or fashion.

I've searched everywhere for Entombed Enhanced since my CD is scratched to the point it won't read. That site is the only one that seems to have it. Everywhere else, even abandonware sites, only have the shareware demo version. They use PayPal, so if it ends up being a scam, I can dispute the charge.

WWW.Old-Games.com seems to be a scam or at least a craps shoot. You need to do a Google search for reviews. I'm not an authority, but I do dabble with old games quite a bit and I would stay clear of that site.

I've searched everywhere for Entombed Enhanced since my CD is scratched to the point it won't read. That site is the only one that seems to have it. Everywhere else, even abandonware sites, only have the shareware demo version. They use PayPal, so if it ends up being a scam, I can dispute the charge.

Please don't pay for abandonware. I'm looking into sourcing this, give me a day.

Back