• Please review our updated Terms and Rules here

NOX - Disk 1 and Disk 2 are Identical

Grandcheapskate

Veteran Member
As part of a large lot of games, I picked up an old Win 95 game of NOX which comes on two CDs. In making sure I could read the discs, I found both are identical which I found completely bizarre. The discs came without a manual and are clearly labeled disk1 and disk 2 and appear to be the original discs.

Anyone have this game and know whether this is actually the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks...Joe

As part of a large lot of games, I picked up an old Win 95 game of NOX which comes on two CDs. In making sure I could read the discs, I found both are identical which I found completely bizarre. The discs came without a manual and are clearly labeled disk1 and disk 2 and appear to be the original discs.

Anyone have this game and know whether this is actually the way it is supposed to be?

Thanks...Joe

Mine are not identical. Disk 1 has a DIALOG folder under INSTALL which has a lot of WAV files, disk 2 does not.

Not sure if there are other differences.

Wow that was an old post I replied to. :)

Yeah it was. I can't believe it was over a year ago I bought these games. I had given up on anyone answering this question and just happened upon it today because it was top of the stack. I will have to check my discs and see if this is the case with mine as well. Since I originally posted I have purchased a new sealed version of the game as well.

Thanks...Joe

You didn't tell how you came to the conclusion that they are identical. They may have the same files/folders in the root, but that doesn't make them identical - they aren't.

Now there's a small chance that you've got a misprint of the game, but I highly doubt that.

There was indeed a small number of games that came with two identical discs in the package for multiplayer. But NOX isn't one of those.

Sorry, I did perhaps expressed it ambiguously. I wasn't to say that NOX had no disc for multiplayer, but that it's not one of the very few games where the multiplayer disc is identical to the single-player disc.

Back